Photography is my life’s work. It’s how I communicate best; it’s how I like to share and it’s what I’m most passionate about. Photography is a creative expression, like poetry and music and the written word. And like the other creative arts, photography is something which has the capacity to transcend the tools and allow us to share and communicate on a deeper level. When I’ve shown someone an image of themselves or their loved ones in a way they’ve never imagined, it is deeply satisfying and enjoyable for me as well as my clients.
I’ve been a full-time professional photographer for 32 years. I’ve witnessed many changes – revolutionary changes – in photography. In the early years photography was technically challenging and very few people were proficient at it. Today, most of us easily capture images and share them instantly with friends. In the time I’ve been doing professional photography I’ve watched the process for most people turn from frustration to enjoyment!
More people are passionate about photography today than at any time in history. This fundamental shift has further refined my personal commitment to the art and the people who appreciate it. I have sought new ways to share and showcase images, to utilize new tools and technologies, and to keep innovating with all the changes in our industry.
- Waaaay back in 1983 I graduated with honors from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA with a degree in commercial photography.
- By the early 1990’s I had received over 30 national awards from Kodak, Fuji and the Professional Photographers of America. Today, in PPA I hold the twin degrees of Master Photographer and Certified Professional Photographer.
- In 1997 I began handcrafting my own photography books and developed design software for the purpose of “telling a story” with multiple images. To this day, I handcraft photography books for other professional photographers around the world, helping them to showcase their important work in a new and meaningful way. My company is called Artisan Craftsman Books.
- In 2000 my book company was the largest user of Epson matte paper in the United States, and our client base numbered 10,000+ professional photographers.
- In 2002 I began abandoning my 4×5 view cameras, medium format and 35mm cameras and began shifting my shooting and workflow from film to digital.
- In 2005 I spoke to 500+ photographers at WPPI about shooting for multiple image design. I have also conducted or participated in workshops in Hawaii, North Carolina and California.
- To date (Fall/Winter 2014) I have photographed nearly 1000 weddings and have been published in the top bridal magazines, including Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Inside Weddings and Ceremony.
- My commercial clients include: Baskin Robbins, Coldwell Banker, Epson, Ewing Architects, Honeysweet Productions, IBM, Irvine Company, Industrial Valco, John Wayne Airport, Sony, Swirl, TSL Design Group, Union Bank and Warner Brothers.
This is a truly exciting time for image creation and sharing! I am more passionate than ever about photography as an evolving art form, and am fully committed to bringing my experience and dedication to each new client and assignment.
INVESTMENT for Wedding Photography
Our collections and investment for 2014 wedding events may be accessed with the link below. Many of our clients request a more personalized proposal and a modified quote based on their specific requirements; we will be happy to answer your coverage and pricing questions if you’d like to reach out to us directly.
INVESTMENT for Corporate / Commercial / Portrait Photography
We are happy to provide you with a proposal for services, based on the scope of your project, usage, etc. Please contact us so that we may discuss the details of your project.
INVESTMENT for Handcrafted Books
Our sister company Artisan Craftsman Books serves professional photographers, artists and print studios. You may inquire about pricing for specific book projects directly on the website: Artisan Craftsman Books (click link)